Also known as: Disc Grinders; Bench Mounted Abrasive Wheels; Hand Held Abrasive Wheels
Want to know more? If you are interested in this course or have questions concerning it, please call now on 023 8077 4319.
Abrasive wheels are essential equipment in many industries. They are flexible and effective workshop tools but operator inexperience or carelessness in their use can be very dangerous. Serious accidents can and do occur without proper training.
Our courses provide candidates with the knowledge and confidence to operate abrasive wheels safely and effectively, saving their employer time and money.
Who is the course for?
Dale Valley Training offer novice or refresher courses for all of the various types of abrasive wheel.
To enable course members to understand:
- The hazards arising from the use of abrasive wheels & the precautions that should be observed
- Their responsibilities under current legislation
- How to use abrasive wheels safely and efficiently
Course content (dependent upon machine type):
- Current legislation, operator responsibilities & best practice
- Safety Awareness, including PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), marking, storage, handling, transporting
- The function of main components
- Pre-start checks
- Inspection of wheels / discs before use
- Changing grinding wheels / discs
- Dressing grinding wheels (when appropriate)
- End of shift checks
Dependent upon experience
City & Guilds National Proficiency Test Council (NPTC)
National Plant Operator Registration Scheme (NPORS)