Want to know more? If you are interested in this course or have questions concerning it, please call now on 023 8077 4319.
The Control of Asbestos Regulations requires employers to ensure that their employees receive adequate information, instruction and training relating to the risks due to asbestos if they are liable to be exposed to the material.
Working in partnership with Award Health & Safety Training, our instructor is an approved IATP instructor and this course complies with the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2006; ACOP (L143) Regulation 10 Paragraphs 126 and 127 for Asbestos Awareness training. The content has been verified by UKAS and an independent auditor has approved this course.
Who is the course for?
All those involved in the building maintenance or construction trades such as electricians, plumbers, fitters, builders, refurbishment contractors, school caretakers etc. There are no prior learning requirements for this qualification.
- To provide candidates with theoretical training to enable candidates to demonstrate a good level of asbestos awareness in order to protect themselves & those around them from exposure to asbestos.
- By the end of the course, candidates will be able to identify common asbestos products & be aware of their possible presence in buildings
- Know how to deal with the identification of asbestos or damaged asbestos products & carry out their work safely.
- An introduction to asbestos
- Asbestos properties
- Asbestos usage in buildings
- PPE requirements
- Asbestos health risks
- Emergency procedures
- HSE Video on Mesothelioma
- Question & answer session
- Written test
Certificate of Attendance