ATV All Terrain Vehicles
Also known as: Quad Bikes
Want to know more? If you are interested in this course or have questions concerning it, please call now on 023 8077 4319.
Used in many land-based industries, ATVs are often a method of getting from “A – B” but with attachments such as trailers or sprayers they are invaluable because work can be carried out in areas that other vehicles may not be able to reach.
Sit Astride and Sit-In ATVS are two categories of machine and require separate qualifications.
Our training courses can be adapted to train your candidates to use ATVs and any attachments to suit your business needs.
Who is the course for?
Dale Valley Training offer novice or refresher courses for both Sit-Astride and Sit-In All Terrain Vehicles. Our courses provide candidates with the knowledge and confidence to operate ATVs safely.
To enable course members to understand:
- The hazards arising from the use of ATVs & the precautions that should be observed
- Their responsibilities under current legislation
- How to ride / drive ATVs safely
- Legislation, legal requirements & operator responsibilities
- The risks associated with the use of an ATV & the main causes of accidents
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- ATV controls, use of throttle & gears etc
- Use of the Operator / Manufacturers handbook
- Pre-start checks
- Basic driving & driving on varying terrain including hills & slopes
- Towing trailers or equipment & carrying loads
- Use of ATVs on the public road
- End of shift checks
Dependent upon experience
City & Guilds National Proficiency Test Council (NPTC)
National Plant Operator Registration Scheme (NPORS)