Chainsaw Refresher CS30 & CS31: Maintain & Operate the Chainsaw, Cross Cutting, Fell & Process Small Trees up to 380mm
Want to know more? If you are interested in this course or have questions concerning it, please call now on 023 8077 4319.
Course numbers are limited to 4 candidates per course to ensure everyone receives a high level of attention from the instructor. The course is very physical and candidates must be fit and able to carry out the tasks required of the course.
Who is the course for?
This refresher course is for candidates who have the following qualifications:
City & Guilds (NPTC) 0020-03 and 0020-04 or CS30 and CS31
- Operator safety, risk assessments, current legislation
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Daily & routine maintenance on a chainsaw
- Starting & checking the chainsaw
- Emergency procedures on a work site
- Stacking cross-cut timber
- Risk assessments & emergency procedures on a work site
- Select & prepare equipment required for safe & effective felling
- Site preparation
- Fell small trees safely & accurately using an appropriate method
- Fell trees weighted in direction of fall using a safe technique
- Remove branches safely in a manner appropriate to the branching habit
- Cross-cut stems accurately & safely to a given length & diameter specification
- Stack timber using appropriate manual handling techniques
- Take down small hung-up trees safely using appropriate hand tools
2 Days including assessment