Want to know more? If you are interested in this course or have questions concerning it, please call now on 023 8077 4319.
Frequently used to clear woodland, bushes and undergrowth – often in difficult to reach areas – clearing saws are an essential powerful tool.
Our courses provide candidates with the knowledge and confidence to operate clearing saws safely and effectively, saving their employer time and money.
Who is the course for?
Dale Valley Training offer novice or refresher courses for clearing saws up to and over 50mm.
The course is physical and candidates must be fit and able to carry out the tasks required of the course.
To enable course members to understand:
- The hazards arising from the use of clearing saws & the precautions that should be observed
- Their responsibilities under current legislation
- How to use clearing saws safely & efficiently
- Current legislation, safety guidelines & risk assessment
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Health & safety features of a clearing saw
- Power unit maintenance
- Driveshaft, gear & cutting head
- Harness adjustment
- Starting the clearing saw & performing pre-cutting tests
- Safety precautions for site preparation & operations
- Clearing saw operation
- Clearing the site
City & Guilds National Proficiency Test Council (NPTC)