CS31 Fell & Process Small Trees up to 380mm
There is a scheduled public event for this course:
- 10/01/2018: 0020-04 (CS31) Fell & Process Small Trees up to 380mm (Ref: 180110) (Farley, Salisbury ). View details & book >>
There are two qualification options for this chainsaw module:
City & Guilds (NPTC) 0020-04 Fell & Process Trees up to 380 mm
Pre-Requisite Qualification: City & Guilds (NPTC) 0020-03 or CS30
Formerly known as CS31, this qualification is for candidates who have achieved their basic chainsaw qualification and wish to progress to the next level. Our course prepares candidates to take their assessment with an independent assessor. The qualification is suitable for those who work in the forest and/or arboricultural industries and wish to progress to felling material over 380mm in diameter. Dale Valley Training arranges NPTC assessments on behalf of their candidates.
Lantra Awards 2557 Chainsaw Basic Felling up to 200 mm
Pre-Requisite Qualification: Lantra Awards 2556
This course is suitable for candidates who have achieved their basic Lantra Awards Chainsaw qualification. Candidates are assessed by the instructor at the end of the course. The course is suitable for those outside of the forest and/or arboricultural industries and do not need to fell material over 200mm in diameter.
Who is the course for?
Dale Valley Training offers the above courses for candidates who have already achieved their initial chainsaw qualification and wish to progress further with the appropriate accreditation body. Chainsaw courses are very physical and candidates must be fit and able to carry out the tasks required of the course.
- Risk assessments & emergency procedures on a work site
- Select & prepare equipment required for safe & effective felling
- Site preparation
- Fell small trees safely & accurately using an appropriate method
- Fell trees weighted in direction of fall using a safe technique
- Remove branches safely in a manner appropriate to the branching habit
- Cross-cut stems accurately & safely to a given length & diameter specification
- Stack timber using appropriate manual handling techniques
- Take down small hung-up trees safely using appropriate hand tools
Training for City & Guilds NPTC: 3 Days plus assessment time
Lantra Awards: 3 Days including assessment
City & Guilds (NPTC)