Emergency First Aid at Work
There are scheduled public events for this course:
- 13/07/2017: Emergency First Aid at Work (Ref: 170713) (Southampton). View details & book >>
- 10/08/2017: Emergency First Aid at Work (Ref: 170810) (Southampton). View details & book >>
- 14/09/2017: Emergency First Aid at Work (Ref: 170914) (New Milton). View details & book >>
Having the correct first aid provision in your workplace is not only a legal requirement but it is also important for the safety of you and your employees. Our First Aid Requirements Calculator, provided by our awarding organisation, Qualsafe Awards, will help you identify how many first aiders your company needs, the qualification they require and where your first aiders should be located within your building.
Just click on the button, input a few details about your workplace and the calculator will create a clear, printable report of your organisation’s requirements – ideal for demonstrating that you have completed your first aid needs assessment in line with the current legislation.Calculate how many first aiders you need
Who is the course for?
Our comprehensive Ofqual regulated qualification course is for candidates in any industry who are required to act as an Emergency First Aider at Work. It is also an excellent first aid course for members of the general public.
The course has been designed to equip the Emergency First Aider to take charge and deal with a first aid emergency effectively and with confidence.
- The roles and responsibilities of an emergency first aider
- Assessing an incident
- Managing an unresponsive casualty
- CPR and AED use
- Recovery position
- Wounds & bleeding including catastrophic bleeding; haemostatic
dressings and a tourniquet
- Minor injuries
- cuts, grazes & bruises
- minor burns & scalds
QA Level 2 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work (QCF) including the Safe Use of an AED and Management of Catastrophic Bleeding.