Also known as: Diggers
Want to know more? If you are interested in this course or have questions concerning it, please call now on 023 8077 4319.
Dale Valley Training offer training for all of the various types of 180° excavators above and below 5 tonnes and 360° excavators above and below 10 tonnes. Each excavator category/type requires a separate qualification.
Our courses provide candidates with the knowledge and confidence to operate excavators safely and effectively, saving their employer time and money.
Who is the course for?
Dale Valley Training offer novice or refresher courses for all types of excavator.
To enable course members to understand:
- The hazards arising from the use of excavators & the precautions that should be observed
- Their responsibilities under current legislation
- How to use excavators safely & efficiently
- Current legislation, operator responsibilities & best practice
- The risks associated with the use of excavators & the main causes of accidents
- The function of the main components, controls & their usage
- Stability of the machine
- Carry out pre operation & daily checks
- Driving the excavator over varying terrain; forward & reverse including width restrictions
- The use of attachments
- Loading dumper or similar with spoil
- Spoil heaps, backfilled excavations
- Loading & unloading procedures when moving sites
- End of shift checks
Dependent upon experience
City & Guilds National Proficiency Test Council (NPTC)
National Plant Operator Registration Scheme (NPORS)