Also known as: Fire Marshall; Fire Safety
Want to know more? If you are interested in this course or have questions concerning it, please call now on 023 8077 4319.
This half day course will enable attendees to carry out the duties of a fire warden as laid down in their Company Fire Plan and play an effective part in managing fire safety requirements. The number of fire wardens that your organisation requires depends on the building design and use. In addition you should train extra staff to cover for holidays and illness.
This is a thorough theoretical and practical course. Our experienced and fully qualified instructor will use traditional learning sessions, training videos and a training simulator to replicate Class A & B fires in a controlled and repeatable scenario. Numbers are limited to guarantee a full understanding of the subject through individual attention.
At the end of this course candidates will be better able to:
- Have a greater understanding of the fire precautions that are built into their workplace
- Recognise the hazards & the threat posed by fire to people, property & jobs
- Understand why it is essential that fire emergency procedures are implemented & monitored on a daily basis
- Be equipped to carry out their fire safety management responsibilities effectively
- Distinguish between the different types of extinguishers & their limitations & the fires for which they are suited.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the nature & behaviour of fire
- Be aware of the measures that can be taken to minimise the chances & effect of an arson attack.
- The nature of fire & smoke
- Human behaviour in a fire
- The principles of design & management of the fire safety solution for your workplace
- Your responsibilities as a fire warden within the company fire plan – during & after the event, including fire safety law, fire drills & evacuations
- Methods of extinction & application of fire fighting equipment
Dale Valley Training Certificate of Attendance
Lantra Awards Certificate of Attendance