First Aid at Work Initial Qualification
Want to know more? If you are interested in this course or have questions concerning it, please call now on 023 8077 4319.
Having the correct first aid provision in your workplace is not only a legal requirement but it is also important for the safety of you and your employees. Our First Aid Requirements Calculator, provided by our awarding organisation, Qualsafe Awards, will help you identify how many first aiders your company needs, the qualification they require and where your first aiders should be located within your building.
Just click on the button, input a few details about your workplace and the calculator will create a clear, printable report of your organisation’s requirements – ideal for demonstrating that you have completed your first aid needs assessment in line with the current legislation.Calculate how many first aiders you need
Who is the course for?
Our comprehensive Ofqual regulated qualification courses are for employees who are required to act as a First Aider at Work.
This initial course is for candidates who do not have an existing First Aid at Work qualification.
The course has been designed to equip the First Aider with the skills necessary to give effective life support, treat injuries or illness and maintain the care and comfort of the casualty.
Students will learn a high level of practical skill and theoretical knowledge so that they can deal competently with any first aid situation that may arise in the working environment.
- Understand the role of the first aider including reference to the importance of preventing cross infection; the need for recording incidents & actions & the use of available equipment
- Assess the situation & circumstances in order to act safely, promptly & effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious, including seizure
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is:
- Wounded & bleeding
- Suffering from shock
- Provide first aid for injuries including Injuries to bones, muscles & joints, including suspected spinal injuries, chest injuries, burns, scalds & eye injuries
- Sudden poisoning & anaphylactic shock
- Recognise the presence & provide appropriate first aid for major illness including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma & diabetes.
QA Level 3 First Aid at Work (QCF)