Health and Safety & Risk Management in Winching
Also known as: Winches
Want to know more? If you are interested in this course or have questions concerning it, please call now on 023 8077 4319.
Our Lantra Awards Health and Safety and Risk Management in Winching Course aims to give candidates the practical knowledge that candidates need in order to understand health and safety requirements, best practice and risk assessment to work safely with vehicle mounted or hand operated winches.
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for anyone who is required to operate a hand or mechanical winch on or off the road.
To enable course members to understand:
- The hazards arising from the use of winches & the precautions that should be observed
- Their responsibilities under current legislation
- How to use winches safely
Course content (dependent upon machine type):
- Current legislation, operator responsibilities & best practice
- Site risk assessment & management
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Winch types & associated equipment
- Winching methods
- Practical winching, including assessment