Health & Safety in a Construction / Fencing Environment
Want to know more? If you are interested in this course or have questions concerning it, please call now on 023 8077 4319.
This course is designed to give an understanding of the employees and employer’s responsibilities and site safety awareness in the construction / fencing industry. Lack of training and awareness of danger have contributed to the construction industry having an unacceptable record on health & safety performance. Too many accidents occur because the same mistakes are repeated. Whilst advances in technology have changed the way we do many jobs, they have also bought new hazards.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for learners who wish to develop their knowledge and understanding in a construction / fencing environment, enabling them to work effectively and efficiently in the workplace. It is also a route to achieving a FISS/CSCS Green Card.
This course aims to give you the information to enable candidates to
- Understand health & safety legislation applicable in the workplace
- Apply legislation in the workplace
- Understand the health hazards in the workplace
- Identify sources of health & safety information
- Understand the impact and work activities may have on the environment.
- The Purpose of Health & Safety
- Risks & Hazards
- Accidents and Incidents
- Site Hazards and risks to health in a construction industry
- Safe manual handling in the workplace
- Working at height
- Plant & equipment safety
- Excavations and buried services
- Site safety signage
- Environmental safety
- Assessment – 35 health & safety multi-choice question paper
Successful candidates will receive a Course Certificate which enables candidates who have passed their CSCS “Touch Screen” Health & Safety Test to apply for a FISS/CSCS Green Card. The Green Card is for fencing/construction operatives employed in general site work under the supervision of a lead fence installer.