There is a scheduled public event for this course:
- 11/10/2018: Lantra Awards Hand Held Hedge Trimmer (Ref: 181011) (Bursledon, Southampton). View details & book >>
The safe use of hand held hedge trimmers requires competent users. This course is designed for those who wish to update their skills in using hedge trimmers as well as satisfy health and safety legislation requirements.
Our courses provide candidates with the knowledge and confidence to operate hedge trimmers safely and effectively, saving their employer time and money.
Who is the course for?
We offer novice or refresher hedge trimmer courses.
To enable course members to understand:
- The hazards arising from the use of hedge trimmers and the precautions that should be observed
- Their responsibilities under current legislation
- How to use hedge trimmers safely & efficiently
- Current legislation, operator responsibilities & best practice
- The risks associated with the use of hand held hedge trimmers
- The precautions that should be observed when working at height
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Health & safety features
- Hedge types & growth habits
- Starting & pre-use checks
- Adjusting the hedge trimmer idling
- Hedge cutting on site
- Clearing site & hedge trimmer checks
City & Guilds National Proficiency Test Council (NPTC)
National Plant Operator Registration Scheme (NPORS)