Highways England Common Induction Course
There is a scheduled public event for this course:
- 21/11/2018: Highways England Common Induction Course (Ref: 181121) (Southampton). View details & book >>
This mandatory course is a requirement for all those visiting or working on the Highways England Strategic Road Network (SRN).
This 1-day course will enable learners to have a basic understanding of health and safety; a knowledge of the principle hazards and risks in their workplace, legislation and best practice, with the aim of a safer working environment.
To enable course members to:
- Understand what Customer Service to Highways England and the Supply Chain is
- Understand the main requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act
- Gain an overview of Highways England’s minimum expectation for working on their Strategic Road Network (SRN)
- Gain a basic understanding of temporary traffic management
- Be able to review fatal risks that occur when working on the SRN
- Be able to identify the essential health & wellbeing points to consider in the workplace.
- State the impact upon themselves, their lives and their families and friends of a serious accident at work
- Be able to identify examples of poor behaviour on a works site
- Be able to identify and describe main environmental issues found on site
- Be able to describe how H&S knowledge and good working practice can improve behaviour on a works site
- Successfully undertake End of Course test (Pass Mark 75%)
- Working on the network
- Occupational health and wellbeing
- Working within temporary traffic management
- Fatal risks
- Environmental protection
- Your personal health & safety commitment