Highways England Common Induction Course
Want to know more? If you are interested in this course or have questions concerning it, please call now on 023 8077 4319.
This mandatory course is a requirement for all those visiting or working on the Highways England Strategic Road Network (SRN).
This 1-day course will enable learners to have a basic understanding of health and safety; a knowledge of the principle hazards and risks in their workplace, legislation and best practice, with the aim of a safer working environment.
To enable course members to:
- Understand what Customer Service to Highways England and the Supply Chain is
- Understand the main requirements of the Health & Safety at Work Act
- Gain an overview of Highways England’s minimum expectation for working on their Strategic Road Network (SRN)
- Gain a basic understanding of temporary traffic management
- Be able to review fatal risks that occur when working on the SRN
- Be able to identify the essential health & wellbeing points to consider in the workplace.
- State the impact upon themselves, their lives and their families and friends of a serious accident at work
- Be able to identify examples of poor behaviour on a works site
- Be able to identify and describe main environmental issues found on site
- Be able to describe how H&S knowledge and good working practice can improve behaviour on a works site
- Successfully undertake End of Course test (Pass Mark 75%)
- Working on the network
- Occupational health and wellbeing
- Working within temporary traffic management
- Fatal risks
- Environmental protection
- Your personal health & safety commitment