Ladder Safety Awareness
Also known as: Step Ladders
Want to know more? If you are interested in this course or have questions concerning it, please call now on 023 8077 4319.
This course is designed to provide candidates with a greater awareness of the inherent dangers in ladder use in the workplace. V-Boards can be included in our course if appropriate.
This course is suitable for novice or experienced users of ladders.
Who is the course for?
This course is intended for operatives and / or supervisors who are expected to inspect, use and manage the safe use of ladders and step ladders during the course of their work
To enable course members to understand:
- How to select the appropriate work at height equipment for the task they wish to undertake
- How to assess and determine when it is appropriate to use ladders & step ladders
- How to inspect ladders & step ladders for damage
- The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 & The Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER)
- Health & safety awareness, risk assessments & permits
- The Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Hazards & near misses
- Causes of accidents & accident prevention
- Inspection of ladders & step ladders
- Daily checks
- Record keeping
- The types of ladders in use & the selection of the correct step ladder or ladder for the task required
- Setting up & using the ladder & step ladder
National Plant Operator Registration Scheme (NPORS)