Lantra Awards Basic Tree Survey & Inspection
Also known as: Tree Survey & Inspection
There are scheduled public events for this course:
- 25/01/2019: Lantra Awards Basic Tree Survey & Inspection (Ref: 190125) (Sir Harold Hillier Gardens, Romsey, Hampshire). View details & book >>
- 05/04/2019: Lantra Awards Basic Tree Survey & Inspection (Ref: 190405) (Sir Harold Hillier Gardens, Romsey). View details & book >>
- 22/11/2019: Lantra Awards Basic Tree Survey & Inspection (Ref: 191122) (Sir Harold Hillier Gardens, Romsey). View details & book >>
This 1 day Lantra Awards course aims to provide candidates with the knowledge to be able to identify a hazardous tree and determine the level of risk and then decide on an appropriate course of action.
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for a wide variety of candidates – local authority highway inspectors; forestry, woodland or arboricultural employees; estate or park rangers; farmers and other landowners or their employees who have a responsibility for trees in the course of their work. It may also be useful for those who work with trees in a voluntary capacity.
Looking for the more advanced Lantra Awards Professional Tree Survey Course? Click here for details.
To enable course members to:
- State the legal & safety implications of hazardous trees
- Maintain your own health & safety while carrying out basic tree survey & inspections
- Recognise hazardous trees & determine the level of risk
- Decide upon an appropriate course of action
- Collect & maintain adequate information
- Recognise your own limitations
- Risk assessment
- Legal framework
- Tree surveys & inspections
- Tree hazard assessment
- The limits & scope of the surveys
- Highways, parks, gardens, woodland
- Hazardous trees
- Methodology – what to look for
- Recording pro-forma
- Survey / Inspection exercises