Want to know more? If you are interested in this course or have questions concerning it, please call now on 023 8077 4319.
Dale Valley Training offer training for tracked or wheeled loading shovels with a choice of qualifications from HSE recognised accreditation bodies.
Our courses provide candidates with the knowledge and confidence to operate loading shovels safely and effectively, saving their employer time and money.
Who is the course for?
Dale Valley Training can provide both novice and refresher courses for either type of loading shovels.
To enable course members to understand:
- The hazards arising from the use of loading shovels and the precautions that should be observed
- Their responsibilities under current legislation
- How to use loading shovels safely and efficiently
- Current legislation, operator responsibilities & best practice
- The risks associated with the use of loading shovels & the main causes of accidents
- The function of the main components, controls & their usage
- Stability of the machine
- Carry out pre operation & daily checks
- Driving loading shovel over varying terrain; forward & reverse; laden & unladen
- Positioning & setting the machine to excavate
- Loading dumper or similar with spoil
- Spoil heaps & backfilling
- Explain the loading & unloading procedures when moving sites
- Park machine safely after use
- Post operation checks
Dependent upon experience
National Plant Operator Registration Scheme (NPORS)