Basic Manual Handling Awareness
Also known as: Manual Handling Awareness
Want to know more? If you are interested in this course or have questions concerning it, please call now on 023 8077 4319.
Avoiding injuries from manual handling makes good business sense. Employees who are aware of the dangers of moving heavy loads will be less likely to suffer from related injuries.
Our course explains the problems associated with manual handling and demonstrates the best practice in dealing with them. Candidates will be asked to take part in the practical lifting and handling session.
Who is the course for?
Our course is relevant to all levels of employee in the workplace.
To enable course members to understand:
- The hazards arising from manual handling & the precautions that should be observed
- Their responsibilities under the current legislation
- How to lift loads safely
Course content (dependent upon machine type):
- Current legislation, operator responsibilities & best practice
- Anatomy & physiology
- Lifting & handling demonstrations
- Practical lifting & handling demonstration & practice
- Conclusions & action plan
National Plant Operator Registration Scheme (NPORS)