Mobile Elevated Work Platforms
Also known as: Cherry Pickers; Scissor Lifts; MEWPS
Want to know more? If you are interested in this course or have questions concerning it, please call now on 023 8077 4319.
Dale Valley Training offer training for all types of Mobile Elevated Working Platforms (MEWPs). Each type requires a separate qualification. Our courses provide candidates with the knowledge and confidence to operate MEWPS safely.
Who is the course for?
Dale Valley Training can provide novice or refresher courses for all types of MEWP.
To enable course members to understand:
- The hazards arising from the use MEWPS & the precautions that should be observed
- Their responsibilities under current legislation
- How to use MEWPS safely
- Current legislation, operator responsibilities & best practice
- The risks associated with the use of MEWPs & the main causes of accidents
- The function of the main components, controls & their usage
- Carry out pre operation & daily checks
- Operational checks & risk assessment
- Manoeuvring over varying terrain, forward & reverse including inclines, uneven ground, confined areas, width restrictions
- Setting up in preparation for work
- Elevating the platform to pre-determined height & location
- Elevating the platform to maximum height
- End of shift checks and duties
Dependent upon experience
City & Guilds National Proficiency Test Council (NPTC)
National Plant Operator Registration Scheme (NPORS)