PA1 The Safe Use of Pesticides
Also known as: Pesticide Formation
There are scheduled public events for this course:
- 03/06/2019: PA1 The Safe Use of Pesticides (Ref: 190603) (Warsash, Southampton). View details & book >>
- 15/07/2019: PA1 The Safe Use of Pesticides (Ref: 190715) (Warsash, Hampshire). View details & book >>
- 12/08/2019: PA1 The Safe Use of Pesticides (Ref: 190812) (Warsash, Hampshire). View details & book >>
This intensive theoretical course prepares candidates to take their City & Guilds NPTC PA1 Foundation Module Assessment.
We register our PA1 courses with both NRoSO and BASIS as many of our customers supply supermarkets and membership of these organisations is often a supplier or assurance scheme requirement. Members of NRoSO and / or BASIS are required to collect 30 CPD points to maintain their 3-year membership conditions. To date our PA1 courses have been awarded 12 CPD points by both organisations.
Who is the course for?
Our PA1 course is suitable for anyone who wishes to gain their City & Guilds NPTC PA1 qualification. Candidates will be required to read a pesticide label during their PA1 assessment.
Experienced operators may wish to attend our course as a refresher.
- To enable candidates to understand their duties under current legislation
- To prepare candidates to become a safe and competent operative.
- To thoroughly prepare candidates so that they pass their City & Guilds NPTC PA1 Assessment.
- Current legislation
- Label interpretation
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Disposal of pesticides & empty containers
- The correct storage of pesticides
- Dealing with contamination of operators
- Environmental factors
- Emergency action
- Record keeping
City & Guilds National Proficiency Test Council (NPTC)
This course is awarded CPD points by NRoSO & BASIS