PA6 Hand Held Applicators (Knapsacks)
Also known as: Knapsacks; Hand Held Sprayers
There are scheduled public events for this course:
- 12/02/2019: PA6A & PA6AW Hand Held Applicators including Spraying On or Near Water (Ref: 190212&13) (Warsash, Southampton). View details & book >>
- 19/03/2019: PA6A & PA6AW Hand Held Applicators including Spraying On or Near Water (Ref: 190319&20) (Warsash, Southampton). View details & book >>
- 09/04/2019: PA6A & PA6AW Hand Held Applicators including Spraying On or Near Water (Ref: 190409&10) (Warsash, Southampton). View details & book >>
This course prepares candidates to take their City & Guilds NPTC PA6 Hand Held Applicator Module Assessment.
Our PA6 courses now include PA6AW module Spraying in or near water.
We register our PA6 courses with both NRoSO and BASIS as many of our customers supply supermarkets and membership of these organisations is often a supplier or assurance scheme requirement. Members of NRoSO and / or BASIS are required to collect 30 CPD points to maintain their 3-year membership conditions. To date our PA6 courses have been awarded 12 CPD points by both organisations.
Who is the course for?
Our PA6 course is suitable for candidates who hold their City & Guilds NPTC PA1 qualification and wish to use a knapsack or similar hand held applicator to apply pesticides. Candidates will be required to read a pesticide label and use a calculator during their PA6 assessment.
Experienced operators may wish to attend our course as a refresher.
- To enable candidates to understand their duties as sprayer operatives under current legislation
- To prepare candidates to become a safe & competent sprayer operative.
- To thoroughly prepare candidates so that they pass their City & Guilds NPTC PA6A & AW Assessment
- Preparation including legislation, operator safety & environmental factors
- Preparation & maintenance of the equipment
- Setting & testing application rates
- Site work
- Calculation, measurement & mixing pesticides
- Spraying procedures
- Spraying near water
- Dealing with pesticide containers
- Record keeping
- Cleaning & decontamination & storage
City & Guilds National Proficiency Test Council (NPTC)