PA6AW Spraying In or Near Water
There are scheduled public events for this course:
- 13/03/2018: PA6A & PA6AW Hand Held Applicators including Spraying on or Near Water (Ref: 180313) (Warsash, Southampton). View details & book >>
- 24/04/2018: PA6A & AW Hand Held Applicators including Spraying On or Near Water (Ref: 180424) (Warsash, Southampton). View details & book >>
- 15/05/2018: PA6A & AW Hand Held Applicators including Spraying On or Near Water (Ref: 180515) (Warsash, Southampton). View details & book >>
This course prepares candidates to take their City & Guilds NPTC PA6AW Spraying In or Near Water with Hand Held Applicators Module Assessment.
Our PA6A course now includes PA6AW module Spraying in or near water.
We are currently registering this course with NRoSO and BASIS. Please contact us for details.
Who is the course for?
Our PA6 AW course is suitable for candidates who hold their City & Guilds NPTC PA1 and PA6A qualifications and wish to use a knapsack or other hand held applicator in or near water. Candidates will be required to read a pesticide label and use a calculator during their PA6AW assessment.
Experienced operators may wish to attend our course as a refresher.
- To enable candidates to understand their duties as sprayer operatives under current legislation
- To prepare candidates to become a safe and competent sprayer operative.
- To thoroughly prepare candidates so that they pass their City & Guilds NPTC PA6AW Assessment
- The application of pesticides in or near water
- Aquatic approvals
- Environmental Agency approval
- Choosing dose & volume rates from the labels
- Application rates
- Water flow etc
- The principles of application in or near water
- Types of areas
- Environmental risk assessments
- Safety near water and what to consider
5 hours approximately
City & Guilds National Proficiency Test Council (NPTC)