Also known as: Pump Trucks; Pedestrian Pallet Trucks; Stacker Truck
Want to know more? If you are interested in this course or have questions concerning it, please call now on 023 8077 4319.
The Pallet Truck – this type of lift truck is often overlooked when it comes to training in the workplace. It does not look dangerous or powerful but in fact it is a major cause of accidents.
Dale Valley Training offer training for all of the various types of pallet trucks – so whether your machine is manual / pedestrian powered or electric powered we have an accredited, well-qualified and experienced instructor to train your candidates.
Who is the course for?
Dale Valley Training offer novice or refresher courses for all types of pallet trucks. Our courses provide candidates with the knowledge and confidence to operate pallet trucks safely and effectively.
To enable course members to understand:
- The hazards arising from the use of pallet trucks & the precautions that should be observed
- Their responsibilities under current legislation
- How to use pallet trucks safely & efficiently
- Current legislation, operator responsibilities & best practice
- The risks associated with the use of pallet trucks & the main causes of accidents
- Pre-operational checks
- How to assess loads & move them safely
- Operator’s code
- Battery maintenance
- Factors of stability
- Handling the machine
- Stacking and de-stacking
- Supervised practical session
Dependent upon experience
National Plant Operator Registration Scheme (NPORS)