Pesticide Update / Refresher
Want to know more? If you are interested in this course or have questions concerning it, please call now on 023 8077 4319.
Our Pesticide Refresher will update candidates regarding pesticide current legislation and remind them of the procedures and equipment checks that they need to carry out when using pesticides.
If you wish to book an in-house course for your own employees we can tailor the course to suit your company requirements.
We register our courses with both NRoSO and BASIS as many of our customers supply supermarkets and membership of these organisations is often a supplier or assurance scheme requirement. Members of NRoSO and / or BASIS are required to collect 30CPD points to maintain their 3-year membership conditions.
To date our courses have been awarded 12 CPD points for our full day course and 6CPD points for our half day courses by both organisations.
Who is the course for?
Our pesticide updates are suitable for any employee who is involved with the use of pesticides – spraying, handling or storing. Candidates will usually hold a NPTC PA1 and PA6 qualification or will be applying pesticides under “Grandfather Rights”.
To remind and update course members regarding
- The hazards arising from the use & storage of pesticides & the precautions that should be observed
- Their responsibilities under current legislation
- How to apply & store pesticides safely
- Current legislation, operator responsibilities & best practice Label interpretation
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Disposal of pesticides & empty containers
- The correct storage of pesticides
- COSHH assessments
- Environmental factors
- Emergency Action
- Record keeping
- Calibration – only included in our full day pesticide update
½ Day or 1-Day, dependent upon candidate requirements
Dale Valley Training Certificate of Attendance.
This course is awarded CPD points by NRoSO & BASIS