Powered Pole Pruners
Also known as: CS48 Powered Pole Pruners
Want to know more? If you are interested in this course or have questions concerning it, please call now on 023 8077 4319.
This qualification is for the pruning of trees using pole mounted, long reach pruning equipment. Our courses provide candidates with the knowledge and confidence to operate Powered Pole Pruners safely and effectively, saving their employer time and money.
Who is the course for?
This practical, hands-on course is suitable for anyone who needs to prune trees using a pole powered pruner.
To enable course members to understand:
- The hazards arising from the use of powered pole pruners & the precautions that should be observed
- Their responsibilities under current legislation
- How to use powered pole pruners safely & efficiently
Course content (dependent upon existing qualifications):
- Current legislation, operator responsibilities and best practice
- The risks associated with the use of powered pole pruners & the main causes of accidents
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Daily & routine maintenance
- The function of the main components
- Pre-cutting safety checks
- Operating the powered pole pruner safely, effectively & comfortably
- Basic pruning
- Site safety & risk assessments
1 – 2 Days, dependent upon qualification body
City & Guilds (NPTC)