ROLO Health & Safety and Environmental Awareness
There are scheduled public events for this course:
- 03/04/2020: ROLO Health & Safety & Environmental Awareness Course (Ref: 200403) (Southampton). View details & book >>
- 23/04/2020: ROLO Health & Safety & Environmental Awareness Course (Ref: 200423) (Southampton). View details & book >>
- 06/05/2020: ROLO Health & Safety & Environmental Awareness Course (Ref: 200506) (Southampton). View details & book >>
It is of major importance that all workers in the landscaping industry have an understanding of the health & safety legislation that affects their working practices. Numerous Acts, Agreed Codes of Practice and Guidance Notes exist to ensure their safety and the safety of their colleagues and members of the public. Failure to comply with legislation is a criminal offence that is punishable by law; ignorance is no defence.
This 1-day course and the supporting student notes bring to the attention of those attending the course the main features of the Acts, ACOPs and Guidance Notes relevant to their work situations.
It will be pointed out to candidates that this course can only cover the more important points and that there is extensive additional information available that is relevant to particular situations that the candidates should access independently when appropriate.
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for personnel employed in the landscaping and grounds maintenance industries.
- Why & how accidents happen
- Relevant legislation
- Control measures, including risk assessments & method statements
- Regulations including working at height; noise; vibration; manual handling; PUWER; COSHH; electricity; CDM
- Underground & overhead services
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Fire safety
- Lone working
- Environmental awareness & protection
- Assessment – multi-choice examination, the pass mark is 75%
Successful candidates will receive a ROLO Health & Safety Awareness Course Certificate which enables them to apply for a ROLO Skills Card.
The certificate also enables candidates who have passed their CSCS “Touch Screen” Health & Safety Test to apply for a LISS/CSCS Card.