There is a scheduled public event for this course:
- 02/10/2019: Lantra Awards Stump Grinder (Ref: 191002) (Aldershot, Hampshire). View details & book >>
Our stump grinder courses offer far more than just the safe operation of this machine. A practical session in workshop conditions will show candidates the correct way to maintain the stump grinder so that the machine works efficiently and ensures the safety of both the operator and members of the public.
Our courses provide candidates with the knowledge and confidence to operate stump grinders safely and effectively, saving their employer time and money.
Who is the course for?
Dale Valley Training offer novice or refresher stump grinder courses.
To enable course members to understand:
- The hazards arising from the use of stump grinders & the precautions that should be observed
- Their responsibilities under current legislation
- How to use stump grinders safely & efficiently
- Current legislation, operator responsibilities & best practice
- Risk assessment & emergency procedures
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Pre-use checks & machine safety features
- Routine checks & maintenance
- Preparation of the site, machine & materials
- Safe operation
- Dealing with blockages
- End of shift procedures including disposal of waste material
1 – 2 Days, dependent upon experience
City & Guilds National Proficiency Test Council (NPTC)
National Plant Operator Registration Scheme (NPORS)