Want to know more? If you are interested in this course or have questions concerning it, please call now on 023 8077 4319.
Dale Valley Training offer training for all of the various types of tractor. Training can be adapted to include trailers or attachments to suit your business needs.
Our courses provide candidates with the knowledge and confidence to drive tractors safely and effectively, saving their employer time and money.
Who is the course for?
Dale Valley Training can provide novice or refresher courses for all types of tractor.
To enable course members to understand:
- The hazards arising from the use of tractors & the precautions that should be observed
- Their responsibilities under current legislation
- How to use tractors safely & efficiently
Course content (dependent upon machine type & attachments):
- Current legislation, operator responsibilities & best practice
- The risks associated with the use of tractors & the main causes of accidents
- Pre-operational checks
- Practical driving over a variety of terrain, laden & unladen
- Risk assessments with regard to the task and equipment to be used
- Alignment with trailers etc
- Fitting & operation of PTO
- Hitching and manoeuvring with attachments
- End of shift checks & duties
Dependent upon experience and course requirements
City & Guilds National Proficiency Test Council (NPTC)
National Plant Operator Registration Scheme (NPORS)