Also known as: Chipper
There is a scheduled public event for this course:
- 20/11/2019: NPTC ITA Wood Chipper (Ref: 191120) (Salisbury). View details & book >>
Our wood chipper courses offer far more than just the safe operation of this machine. A practical session in workshop conditions will show candidates the correct way to maintain the wood chipper so that the machine works efficiently and ensures the safety of both the operator and members of the public.
Our courses provide candidates with the knowledge and confidence to operate wood chippers safely and effectively, saving their employer time and money.
Who is the course for?
Dale Valley Training offer novice or refresher wood chipper courses.
To enable course members to understand:
- The hazards arising from the use of wood chippers & the precautions that should be observed
- Their responsibilities under current legislation
- How to use wood chippers safely & efficiently
- Current legislation, operator responsibilities and best practice
- Risk assessment and emergency procedures
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
- Pre-use checks and machine safety features
- Routine checks and maintenance
- Preparation of the site, machine and materials
- Safe operation
- Dealing with blockages
- End of shift procedures including disposal of waste material
1 – 2 Days, dependent upon experience
City & Guilds National Proficiency Test Council (NPTC)
National Plant Operator Registration Scheme (NPORS)